SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (KY3) — Instances of COVID-19 in Greene County declined in the latest reporting week.
The 7-day common dropped to 52 instances. That is a 29% drop. Hospitalizations stay excessive, with round 70 folks hospitalized in Greene County hospitals as of August 4. Elevated hospitalization charges, amongst different components, have positioned Greene County at a reasonable group affect by the Facilities for Illness Prevention and Management.
Well being specialists say getting vaccinated in opposition to COVID-19 reduces the possibility of being hospitalized with a critical sickness resulting from COVID-19 problems. To proceed to offer the group with a chance to get vaccinated and shield themselves from COVID-19, Springfield-Greene County Well being can be internet hosting pop-up immunization clinics the week of August 8-12.
People receiving a main (first or second) dose or first booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine at a Division of Well being clinic will obtain a $50 reward certificates whereas provides final. Second booster doses can be found for immunocompromised people 12 years of age or older or 50 years or older at the least 4 months after an preliminary booster dose. Present card incentives are usually not accessible for a second booster dose.
Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccines are authorised for six months. Springfield-Greene County Well being at present solely affords immunizations for kids 5 years and older. The Novavax COVID-19 vaccine is awaiting authorities approval as of July 21 and isn’t allowed to be made accessible in these clinics.
Vaccination appointments are additionally accessible Monday by means of Friday on the Westside Public Well being Heart (660 S. Scenic Ave.) from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. To schedule an appointment, go to vaccine417.com or name the COVID-19 name heart at 417-874-1211.
For extra details about the excessive group affect and proposals on how one can shield your self from COVID-19, go to well being.springfieldmo.gov/Coronavirus.
- Recreation Heart of the Republic – 711 E. Miller Rd., Republic 65738, supplied from Sep 11 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+).
- library heart – 4653 S. Campbell Ave., supplied from 1pm-3pm Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+).
Tuesday, August ninth
- Parish of St. Joseph – 1115 N. Campbell Ave., supplied from 8:30-10:30 am Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+).
- library station– 2535 N. Kansas Expy., supplied from 1pm-3pm Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+).
- Midtown Carnegie Library – 397 E. Central, 4-6 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+) supplied.
- Carve Center Faculty – 3325 W. Battlefield St., supplied from 4-6 p.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+). Occasion for kids aged 5-18 solely.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema– 4005 South Ave., supplied from Sep 11 a.m. Moderna (6+), Pfizer (5+).
To report a correction or typo, please ship an e-mail email@example.com
Copyright 2022 KY3. All rights reserved.